Hello, and welcome to our blog. We are a comitted couple living in West Lothian with our seven furry (& thirteen feathered) babies - don't worry, we don't have kids with Hirsutism - they are dogs, cats, chickens and a parrot!! We consider ourselves to be happy-go-lucky individuals, who most definitely believe in living life to the full whilst attempting not to hurt people along the way! We enjoy the company of warm, fun people - a sense of humour is absolutely essential to 'get' us (plain silly to pure sarcasm). We don't 'gel' well with people who can suck the life out a duracell battery.

Our hobbies are vast and varied...We should spend a lot of time renovating our 100 year old cottage, but we much prefer browsing for hours in book shops, people watching, coffee shops, cinema, shopping, walking by the beach or being lost for hours in the country, cuddling in bed, watching DVDs when we really should be out cutting the grass!, cooking, eating out in quaint little restaurants that serve food so yummy you want to do a little dance at the table, playing Sudoka (and spending way too much money on those rip off little puzzle books!), debating (for hours on end) with each other (or anyone who'll listen) over the downfall of society, etc...and how everything was much better in 'our day', telling each other the same stories over and over again...and still expecting the laughs/knods like it's the first time we've ever heard them, Scrabble, spending money we don't have on things we don't need, xwords/arrow words, Eggheads (any quiz programme really), gardening - in an attempt to become as self sufficient as possible, spending hours upon hours sitting watching our beautiful girls doing what chickens do, reading/posting on various forums (addictive, isn't it?). Oh..and saving for our Civil Ceremony, planned for 2012.


This blog is about all of the above, and more. We hope you'll at least enjoy some of it - thanks for taking the time to visit!

Bobbie & Liz
xxx

Sunday, 26 April 2009

Snoozy Sunday

Bed has been the word of the day!! After a busy week we all (including the animals) decided it was most definitely a day for comfy clothes and bed rest! :o) 

Photobucket
I had a little spot on the bed. Harvey & Plunkett are like matching bed ends. They're the only two animals in the house who actually enjoy their OWN bed!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Alfie & Davey love each other - cuddles!

Poor Liz was at work, but as soon as she was 'free' she joined us for cuddles.

She'll hate me for the next pic, but her hair after work is classic!! :o)

Photobucket
Fetching...!! 

Today I decided to attempt my first ever pie. We adore chicken pies, but haven't been buying them recently because we can't be sure of the welfare standards of the chickens in them. So, what better way to combat that problem than make our own? 

Photobucket
It doesn't look much at this stage, but I'm hoping it'll turn in to a lovely free range chicken pie!

25 minutes later and....

Photobucket
Guilt free chicken pie! :o) and if I do say so myself...it was rather yummy!!

Photobucket
Earlier in the week we said goodbye to our cockerel...Max. :o( It was a very sad day, but I'm more than happy with his new home. He was saved from being culled...and instead will live out his life free ranging with several ladies of his own. We also have a new addition to our little chicken family...Mavis...a black copper maran. She's a lovely girl...being bullied a little bit, but I'm sure she'll be part of the clan in no time at all.

Photobucket
Mavis

Photobucket
Max (the chicken formerly known as Dorrit)

Photobucket
Bertha

Davey is getting bigger every day now. He really is a little devil dog...but we adore him. He loves helping me out with the gardening...chicken run cleaning...sweeping up...anything really. :o)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
He has the most amazing knack of looking like a toy! :o)

Whilst visiting my Dad & his girlfriend last week Davey spotted a dummy tit...and decided to steal it! Ever since, he's been walking around almost everywhere with it in his mouth. You couldn't set this up...lol.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I finally grew tired of the birds sleeping in thier nest box, so decided to attempt to make some kind of bird proof deterrent for them. I messed about with cardboard boxes, wood....before I came up with this. Behold...a clip on, clip off bird barricade. :o)

Photobucket
Photobucket
So far it's been working a treat...I'm happy with the result.

I'll leave it with a pic of Bubba keeping an eye on me working....

Photobucket
Happy Monday when it comes.... :o(

2 comments:

Kath said...

That nest box thing looks just the job - I might end up pinching the idea! At least 2 of ours sleep in the nest box. I clean out early - before the ladies are ready to lay - so we haven't had any mucky eggs, but I somehow feel the should be perching. Maybe it doesn't matter?

PS - that dog is MAD! {snigger!}

Bobbie & Liz said...

Yeah, I was impressed with the nest box idea too! :) You should definitely pinch it...it does the trick, and it's lovely just opening the nest box up and knowing it's all plush and clean. Makes the whole poo picking process easier anyway...and...it's eventually forced my favs in to perching!! :) I suppose it doesn't really matter, but they should be perching...so I wanted to force the issue a little bit! It's ok when there are only small numbers, but as our flocks grow it'll be a nightmare!

You're sooo right...that dog is mental. Right now he's running around with his bowl, my nail file and his dummy in his mouth...AT THE SAME TIME!! :)