Firstly...little Dorrit and big Bertha are coming on leaps and bounds. I know Bertha has been pretty much stable from the day she arrived (even laying every second day), little Dorrit was another story entirely. She was very weak...and for a few days I was sure she wasn't going to make it. However, I am happy to report that's she's doing great. I decided to worm them and give them a weeks treatment with 'Poultry Spice' in an attempt to build their condition up. So, each night around tea time they ALL enjoy two full trays of meal worm porridge (consisting of..yep, you guessed it...meal worms, sweetcorn, poultry spice, wormer and porridge oats!). Needless to say...they love it...it's sure given them the association they needed between human & food. All of a sudden they're much tamer...eating out your hand...and even jumping on to the tray before you get it on the ground in order to have a quick feed before the others! Cheeky!!
Now, I agree, it doesn't look too appetising, but if you were a chicken you'd be salivating at the prospect....*demonstrated below*
The girls have been together a week today, and we haven't had a scrap for 5 of those days...so we're doing well!! :o) Birds that eat together, stay together!!
I adore Dorrit's face in this picture - she looks in pure heaven!!
The hard work is certainly paying off though...they're generous with their eggs!
Something other than birds now...the dogs! Took some fabby pictures of the furry babies today...they're all soo cheeky looking. :o)
It's hard work having a wee brother!
Davey's face is a picture in this - one happy little doggy!
"...but I love ya big brother...gimme a kiss"
Gnawin' on it!
Have a fab weekend.... :o)














No comments:
Post a Comment