Hello, and welcome to our blog. We are a comitted couple living in West Lothian with our seven furry (& thirteen feathered) babies - don't worry, we don't have kids with Hirsutism - they are dogs, cats, chickens and a parrot!! We consider ourselves to be happy-go-lucky individuals, who most definitely believe in living life to the full whilst attempting not to hurt people along the way! We enjoy the company of warm, fun people - a sense of humour is absolutely essential to 'get' us (plain silly to pure sarcasm). We don't 'gel' well with people who can suck the life out a duracell battery.

Our hobbies are vast and varied...We should spend a lot of time renovating our 100 year old cottage, but we much prefer browsing for hours in book shops, people watching, coffee shops, cinema, shopping, walking by the beach or being lost for hours in the country, cuddling in bed, watching DVDs when we really should be out cutting the grass!, cooking, eating out in quaint little restaurants that serve food so yummy you want to do a little dance at the table, playing Sudoka (and spending way too much money on those rip off little puzzle books!), debating (for hours on end) with each other (or anyone who'll listen) over the downfall of society, etc...and how everything was much better in 'our day', telling each other the same stories over and over again...and still expecting the laughs/knods like it's the first time we've ever heard them, Scrabble, spending money we don't have on things we don't need, xwords/arrow words, Eggheads (any quiz programme really), gardening - in an attempt to become as self sufficient as possible, spending hours upon hours sitting watching our beautiful girls doing what chickens do, reading/posting on various forums (addictive, isn't it?). Oh..and saving for our Civil Ceremony, planned for 2012.


This blog is about all of the above, and more. We hope you'll at least enjoy some of it - thanks for taking the time to visit!

Bobbie & Liz
xxx

Sunday, 21 February 2010

Food, glorious food....

I still don't really feel like posting on the blog at the moment, however I read a blog yesterday that inspired me. The idea behind the said blog is to photograph everything you eat every day, and blog about it. Why?? I don't really know...but I felt inspired to do the same, as a comparison. So, here goes...

Due to the seriously long lie Liz and I had enjoyed, we really were too late for breakfast, therefore we gorged on a seriously large brunch...

Photobucket
Two eggs (from our girls), two veggie sausages and three (yep, three) tattie scones!!

After our mega feast, we continued on with our spring clean (de-cluttering) of the house (which we have been doing for a week now). Liz continued her bedroom clean, and I tackled the chickens. I was alerted to the possibility of a rat in the shed last night, when I went out to lock up...I opened the shed, and realised the lid was off my chicken feed bin, as I bent down to replace it something jumped out, hit me on the chest and ran in to the back of the shed. I suspected a rat, but of course had to wait until I had daylight to fully investigate. My worst fears were confirmed when I dug deep in the shed...so, I spent the afternoon rat proofing everything in sight. Hopefully this alone will do the trick, and they'll move on now their food source has gone...if not, I'll need to think seriously about the problem, because I cannot end a life.

After all this hard work, we decided to make a seriously good roast dinner. Of course, this is time consuming, so we enjoyed three Thorntorns choccies to keep us going.

Photobucket

After what seemed an endless wait, we were faced with our amazingly HUGE roast dinner....

Photobucket
Cauliflower cheese, broccoli, garden peas, roast parsnip, roast potatoes (tons of them), two veggie sausage roll things and lashings of veggie gravy. Gorgeousness!!

So far, this is all we've consumed today...and although it's 21.30, the night is still young! :)

During the last week we've spent a lot of time gutting our house, walking the dogs, watching TV, and reflecting on the last few years of heartache and joy with my Papa. In my travels I went in to the attic to store more of our things, whilst up there I stumbled upon my Mum & Dad's wedding album....it's not really appropriate to post these pics (or display them) anywhere as my Mum & Dad have been divorced since I was five, however, they are my Mum & Dad and as such I am posting them here...for my own personal memories.

Photobucket
My Mum, when she was two years younger than I am today! (weird)

Photobucket
Love this picture...

On a totally different note, we snapped these pics of Davey whilst on one of our many walks last week. This was taken at Blackness Castle...Davey seems to enjoy the view.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally...our selection of egg colours. The babies (Araucanas) lay the lovely blue egg, the Marans lay the dark brown, and the Faverolles lay the peach/white eggs. They're all small at the moment as they've just came back in to lay after winter, but in no time they'll be back to their original size.

Photobucket

Off to bed now to watch 'Inglourious Basterds'. Lovely!

No comments: