I've spent a wee while this morning reading back on the blog. It's heavy on death. All our little family, one by one, have been leaving us. It has been an awful year in many ways....tinged with sadness.
So...I thought it was about time I added the joy that has kept us going this year. We haven't got around to posting about the arrival of our baby girl yet. But...I feel with all the death it's super important to celebrate life.
On the 6th May at 03.35am our world was changed forever by the arrival of our baby daughter: Bette Esther Kelly.
She was born, relatively quickly (but not without some panic), spontaneously, 3 hours after her due date...weighing 7lb 13oz.
She is the light of our lives...!!
She is now 21 weeks old and just amazing. She is exclusively breastfed, cloth bummed...she cosleeps and is worn almost exclusively. We didn't have any strict parenting ideas before she arrived. But I think it's fair to say we are practicing attachment, non judgemental, gentle parenting. It just feels right.
She's built a nest inside our souls.
♥♡♥
No comments:
Post a Comment