I haven't felt able to post about this up until now. Our wee cat, Macleane (a.k.a Bubba) has been with us since she was 6 weeks old. She is an extra-ordinary wee cat, who has been the life and soul of our family for 12 years.
Approximately 12 weeks ago she started vomiting, really intermittently. I assumed she had developed a food allergy in her old age, so started the painstaking process of changing foods, some of which stopped the vomiting for weeks.
However, ultimately this didn't solve the problem, so off to the vets we went. On examination a large mass was palpable in her abdomen. We opted for blood tests, xrays, ultrasounds and needle biopsy in an attempt to diagnose the nature of the mass. All of this proved relatively inconclusive, however there was some evidence that the mass may be malignant and therefore her prognosis was not good.
We opted for analgesia and brought her home, there was the option of ex lap, but the vet felt this would not buy her much time. The hardest thing is knowing if we've made the right decision.
She has deteriorated over the past two weeks - and we now have to face the heartbreaking reality that our wee baby may not be with us for much longer.
We cannot begin to expressed how distraught we feel by this....but ultimately she will decide when the time has come to say goodbye to us.
Say a prayer to whoever your God may be....we want her to stay with us for a while yet.
B xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment