Hello, and welcome to our blog. We are a comitted couple living in West Lothian with our seven furry (& thirteen feathered) babies - don't worry, we don't have kids with Hirsutism - they are dogs, cats, chickens and a parrot!! We consider ourselves to be happy-go-lucky individuals, who most definitely believe in living life to the full whilst attempting not to hurt people along the way! We enjoy the company of warm, fun people - a sense of humour is absolutely essential to 'get' us (plain silly to pure sarcasm). We don't 'gel' well with people who can suck the life out a duracell battery.

Our hobbies are vast and varied...We should spend a lot of time renovating our 100 year old cottage, but we much prefer browsing for hours in book shops, people watching, coffee shops, cinema, shopping, walking by the beach or being lost for hours in the country, cuddling in bed, watching DVDs when we really should be out cutting the grass!, cooking, eating out in quaint little restaurants that serve food so yummy you want to do a little dance at the table, playing Sudoka (and spending way too much money on those rip off little puzzle books!), debating (for hours on end) with each other (or anyone who'll listen) over the downfall of society, etc...and how everything was much better in 'our day', telling each other the same stories over and over again...and still expecting the laughs/knods like it's the first time we've ever heard them, Scrabble, spending money we don't have on things we don't need, xwords/arrow words, Eggheads (any quiz programme really), gardening - in an attempt to become as self sufficient as possible, spending hours upon hours sitting watching our beautiful girls doing what chickens do, reading/posting on various forums (addictive, isn't it?). Oh..and saving for our Civil Ceremony, planned for 2012.


This blog is about all of the above, and more. We hope you'll at least enjoy some of it - thanks for taking the time to visit!

Bobbie & Liz
xxx

Thursday, 19 January 2012

Forgive me bloggers, for I have sinned...

It has been 124 days since I last blogged!

I certainly have been neglecting the blog, but with a bit of luck I'll rectify that now.

I couldn't possibly do the last 4 months justice in the one blog post, so I'll do a very quick 'round up' of the main events! :)

I suppose the main thing last year was that I successfully finished my first year of Midwifery, and managed to delivered 27 babies in the process. It really is an amazingly beautiful job...I'm so lucky! Unluckily for me, I also turned 30 on the 18th December!! It was sore...but not quite as sore as I had expected, and despite my worst fears...I didn't turn in to a wrinkly old pumpkin when the clock struck midnight.

My Mum made me wear my embarrassing thirty glasses all night though, as the pictures below will demonstrate! Despite this, a lovely meal was had by everyone! :)



Of course, as well as my birthday, we had Christmas! :) Liz and I had a lovely day, with friends. However, my lovely partner was kind enough to share her flu bugs with me and as a result I spent the next two weeks on the sofa, recovering! It wasn't all bad...we made the very most of our Sky movie subscription! :)

January has been quiet, so far. We're organising a very special event (which will be announced shortly) so we've been very busy...and a wee bit stressed!...but apart from that, everything is just ticking along nicely!

My 2012 resolution --> Not to neglect our blog!

Hope you all have a happy and healthy 2012!

B x

No comments: