We have awoken today to a strange silence around the cottage....no early morning crows when we creep out with the dogs for a wee in the early hours. Festher, our gorgeous cockerel, has left Chance Cottage for pastures new. Yesterday Liz and I made the trip from bonnie Scotland to Carlisle to give him to his new Mummy! :) He'll be taking up residence in Cumbria, where he'll have several girls of his own to entertain. I have no doubts he'll have a happy little life, crowing as much as his little heart desires.
From this...
To this...
He'll be missed by all...but I'm happy he's found a great home!
2 comments:
He's certainly a handsome lad! I'm so pleased to hear that he has a new home and all the women he can manage!
Thank goodness he has a home, eh? It's all thanks to 'its hilly' from the Vine. There are some really good people out there...just as mad as me!! :D
Post a Comment