Unfortunately my Papa is very ill today (and yesterday) so that caused a lot of distress until the Doctor could arrive - he thinks it's his medication, so he's altered this....here's hoping it gives him some relief.
I then spent the day cleaning out the Poultry Palace....which I always enjoy (whilst Liz ironed...which she doesn't always enjoy!). The girls enjoyed roaming the garden...even assisted me turning my compost...they're so considerate!!

Thanking Henrietta for brekkie!

Liz thanking her!

Euphemia guarding the door to her coup! Yer names not down, yer not coming in!!

Gwendolyn posing for the camera.

Gwendolyn laying an egg for us...

Henrietta thinks it's funny anyway...

The girls.
You know, it sounds cheesy, but watching the girls lay really makes you feel quite honoured. I mean, they're doing what chickens do, right? No real reason behind it, other than biology...but still, they do it....day in, day out. It doesn't matter what conditions we humans keep them in...they'll fulfill their role. I guess all I'm saying is that watching her go through her egg laying process for an hour in order to gift us with a perfect little egg really puts it all in to perspective for me....it makes you really appreciate what you're eating, and where it's came from. I carry my eggs in like they're made of gold...and if they were, they couldn't possibly mean any more to me!!
As another day draws to a close...the furry babies do what they do best....SLEEP!!



(Harvey & Bubba were not available for photos!!)
Night All...xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment